This blog is a collaboration between three entrepreneurship teachers:
- Doan teaches entrepreneurship in academia
- Justin teaches it outside academia (accelerators, conferences, etc.)
- Federico teaches it outside academia (mentoring, companies, etc.)
Combining our different backgrounds and similar philosophies (learn by doing > learn by listening), our goal for TeachingEntrepreneurship.org is to:
Help entrepreneurship professors motivate their students to develop the skills necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
On this site you’ll find detailed lesson plans we use to teach entrepreneurship skills in an experiential way.
Doan Winkel here.
I am an entrepreneur (Legacy Out Loud) and an educator (John Carroll University). My students create and own their learning experiences. My classroom is an entrepreneurial experiment each and every semester.
I have two main goals in life:
- To fix our broken education system by giving students a voice and control (see my TEDx talk).
- To motivate younger generations to tackle their dreams through creating their own careers.
I look forward to helping you create the entrepreneurial experiences our students deserve!
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m Justin Wilcox, a…
- Failed startup founder
- Turned Customer Development practitioner
- Turned successful founder
- Turned entrepreneurship teacher.
My goals for all of my projects are:
- Empower people to serve one another through entrepreneurship.
- Providing scalable, experiential learning experiences.
You can reach me at email@example.com.
I’m Federico Mammano a French and Italian entrepreneur in heart. I wrote my first line of code at 9, and I bootstrapped my first Startup pioneering the Virtual Reality space as a garage entrepreneur when I was still a student.
After 2 MSc, an MBA, and an extensive entrepreneurial experience across a range of industries, my passion for entrepreneurship and product management has spurred me to hack the common path in these fields. Now, I’m spreading and giving back my learnings to improve the way innovation is taught inside and outside academia as Chief Innovation Mentor at the European Innovation Academy, Arab Innovation Academy, Asia-Pacific Innovation Academy, and other programs such as The Founder Institute.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ExEC Advisory Council
The ExEC Advisory council is a set of entrepreneurship professors who use our Experiential Entrepreneurship Curriculum and have shown a dedication toward improving the curriculum through regular feedback on contribution.
We sincerely thank the advisory council members for the work they due to improve the way entrepreneurship is taught.